
Our main activity while there was an excursion to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands. It's beautiful country. Lots of little rocky islands covered with pine trees. The light mist that surrounded everything that day make it very beautiful and mysterious.

Friday Harbor is a little touristy place on the islands between Washington and British Columbia. We walked around and shopped, took pictures, and ate fresh seafood. Good times.


The town's symbol is a one-eyed seal named Popeye. We took a picture next to Popeye's statue there in the harbor.

After getting back to the mainland, we took a trip to a place called Deception Pass along the Puget Sound. It's called this because early explorers thought it was a peninsula instead of an island. Over the pass is a 1487 foot bridge connecting the mainland to the island.

But sadly, this was a quick trip to the area, and we only stayed there about 48 hours. We're excited to get back up there this next weekend and take a few more days to explore.





5 comments:
super cool... i used to live in edmonds and i love that area. snohomish is great for antiques! and deception pass is one of my favorite spots. congratulations, camshaft. it looks like you found a beautiful and amazing lady. :)
My mom gave me your blog site. It's so fun to see your courtship and trip to Seattle. I'm so happy for the two of you and can't wait until the upcoming marriage.
Congrats on the engagement!! I just heard the great news today when mom gave me your blog. Mandee, welcome to this fun and crazy family. I can't wait to meet you. Cameron is a good guy and I'm glad you found him!! Cameron, I'm so happy for you!!
HEY! Well okay I hate to say it but you two are getting pretty good at blogging. Clearly I am going to have to kick into gear and start posting again. I am pretty much wat excited to see you guy this weekend. Dont have to much fun in the car without me. I know that you will miss my beatutiful singing voice!
What the...? I am going nuts! I am sweating like a pig in the humidity of Mississippi and I couldn’t be happier. Congratulations to the two of you. Mandee, did you know that Camshaft was Richard Roundtree in his former life...wait isn’t he still alive? Anyway, your man is still an action hero!
Post a Comment