For anyone that has watched Pirates of the Carribean, the Grand Cayman (the island we stopped on) used to be called Tortuga. So besides the illegal bank accounts and the duty-free jewelry, there was pirate stuff everywhere.The main excursion of the day was a pirate cruise excursion.
We basically putted around in a pirate ship replica and watched a little show that the pirates did with some of the families on the excursion. They gave all the kids on the ship scrub brushes and made them swear on their lives that they would never lose their brushes. The kids also had to take a bunch of pirate oaths stating that they would never do their homework, go to bed on time, and that they would play video games all night.
When one mother objected, they tied her to the mast and soaked her in icewater. Then they made all the kids scrub the deck. There were refreshments, and those that wanted to could walk the plank. 
The water was really warm, clear and blue, almost like a heated pool, except filled with saltwater instead of chlorine. We spent the rest of the day walking around, taking pictures and checking out the local shops for trinkets. It rained off an on a lot of the day, but it wasn't bad, as the weather was so warm.
Good times were had by all.





2 comments:
cool guys I love your blog! Isn't Carnival just the funnest cruise line? Jon and I cruised the Mexican Riviera last December. I enjoyed hearing about the Tortuga place. I would love to go on that cruise next. So wow, the newly weds, congrats guys! I'm so happy for you two.
Thank you very much!
We had a blast on this cruise. Wouldn't it be fun if we could do a family reunion on a cruise ship? Not that it will ever happen.
Post a Comment