Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Pre-Halloween Festivities

So hopefully after this post we will mostly be caught up, except for the actual wedding, but it may be a bit before we get those pictures. We're in the process of picking them out and getting them printed and whatnot.

Anyway, last weekend was a good warm-up for Halloween. Friday night, we headed up with Camshaft's fam and went to the Pumpkin Walk in Logan.

For those of you who have never been, it is a really fun (and free) activity that the community puts on every year where people make displays of famous scenes out of mostly pumpkins along with other vegetables. For example: Noah's Ark and Batman.







Michelle and Patrick helped out with the Pumpkin Walk, as Michelle's parent's help organize the event, and were part of the creation of a Sword in the Stone display.







We also caught two Jedi knights at the festivities.





This is just a small sample of the fun things at the Pumpkin Walk, but it should give you an idea as to what goes on there. It's a fun family evening.

Afterward, we also got a chance to see the Heidi and the boys in their halloween costumes.
The next evening, we went on the Ogden Ghost Tour, another great activity for anyone interested in the history of Ogden and is not easily spooked. We had been last year and enjoyed it, but this year we brought our camera and got some... interesting... photos. We won't go too into detail here, because we know some people are sensitive about that sort of thing, but there was some strangeness to be had along with all the history of the area.


Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone!

10 comments:

Em said...

Oh my gosh! Those pictures are so cute! I wish I could see them in person.

Kaija said...

There is a "murder mystery" void in my life this year! Great memories! Hey so glad you're back...the cruise looked amazing! Gotta love the towel animals eh! how DO they do that!

Mandee and Camshaft said...

Yea, we just got waaaaaayyyy to busy the last couple of months to even think about a murder mystery party this year for some reason... I guess we'll see what happens next year.

Thanks for the comments!

Kaija said...

Why does that comment you left on my blog sound familiar? a telescope? that sounds like something I said!

Nakamoto Ohana said...

It was fun to see the pictures of Hilarys kids. It sounds like you guys are very busy but happy.!!

The Wageman Clan said...

It looks like you had a great Halloween! Hilary's kids looked cute all dressed up, and the pumpkin festival looked like something we might have to do next year! Hope you guys are doing well.

Holli no name Child said...

HI so I think that it is time for you two to update you blog! I know your lives arent that boring. LOL :)

Anonymous said...

Oh noes, I found your blog! There is no hope for you now! Durrrrrrrr

Tif said...

oh my gosh, thank you for reminding me of that fun even Logan hosts. I went to that one year and loved it! I'll totally go next yr. with the fam. Remember when you were called "Gommae shoes"?

Chandra said...

Your blog is awesome!! I got the address from your mom. Our blog is private, so let me know what your e-mail is so I can send you an invite. Click my profile to find my e-mail.