Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holidays Part 1

Yes, we know. We have been slackers. We keep putting off posting, because we are afraid we will foget something that we did.

But we'll just post what we remember and let it go at that.

It's been a fun month. The holidays are gearing up. Thanksgiving was a blast. After spending the night before with Mandee's incoming family at our house, we ended up at Mandee's aunt Julie's house for the big meal. And we do mean big. There were like 35 of us there. We ate and ate and ate and then went over to Chelle's house to visit with her new beau's family and with each other. The next day we ended up at Camshaft's parent's house and spent a nice afternoon with his family. We've been lucky to see them quite often and especially enjoy going up there when the niece and nephews are there. Heidi is so cute, Decker is so fun to play with and talk to, and Brennan is so funny.

We also made a trip to Temple Square with Mandee's parents, down from Seattle, and siblings to see the play "Savior of the World."
It was very well done, with a large cast and a very cool, modular set that they could transform into about everything. We enjoyed it very much and were glad it helped us keep focus on the most important aspect of the holidays.

After a meal at the Lion House and the play, we saw the lights at temple square and then headed down to Mandee's grandparent's house and stayed the night there. Here's a couple of shots of us at temple square, one with just us, and one with Mandee's whole fam (We stole from Chelle and Holli):







That weekend was also Mandee's birthday. We had a great time with everyone, and Mandee finally got her big mystery birthday present that Camshaft had been holding on to for about 5 months, a Nintendo Wii. It's been fun so far, although we've probably been spending too much time playing Lego Star Wars

Another highlight was going to the Scrooge: The Christmas Carol musical at the Washington Terrace Playhouse. We went along with Holli, Chelle, and Victor and had a good time. It was quite the production, and their big finale of the year, with a huge cast and lots and lots of musical numbers.

So anyway, that's all we can think of at the time. Things have been good and we are looking forward to spending the holidays with friends and family. Thanks for all your love and thoughts this holiday season.

We hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy holidays.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

awe, I am so happy to see your blog has been updated! I should probably do that huh. :)

Holli no name Child said...

You updated your blog!! I was wondering if the day would ever come. LOL I need to do the same so I guess I shouldn't be talking. Guess what? I get to see you guys tonight. I know you are way excited!

Em said...

Oh my gosh, you guys have been busy! I'm so jealous of all the fun things you have done for Christmas! Now we have a 3 month old, it seems like we stay confined to the house a lot of time. BLAH! You have, however, inspired me to take a trip to Temple Square before Christmas. It just wouldn't be the same without going. Since apparently we're not getting together this year for Christmas Eve (sad!), Merry Christmas!

Dave and Julie said...

I love the holidays too. temple square is very inspiring.

Annie said...

Hi - I found the link to your blog from Sean and Rebecca's blog. Javier and I knew Cameron at USU, I was roomates with Becca back then. Congrats on your wedding. Looks like you had a great Christmas! I am in the process of getting holiday cards out in the mail - send me your address via e-mail if you would like me to send you one. Check out our blog as well (see Becca and Sean's blog for the link)